ChubbyBrain.com, a fascinating site who’s mission is to democratize startup and investor information to make it more widely available, recently published its Q2 2009 Venture Capital report – and the results are very encouraging if you are a start-up in the market to raise venture capital. Overall, the report shows a 61% uptick in investment capital flowing from VCs to entrepreneurs compared to the prior quarter. Some highlights from the report include:
- Total deal value in Q2 of 2009 was $5.329 billion – up from $3.314 billion on Q2 2009.
- VC’s are investing across a wide geographic base – including Indiana.
- Venture Capital IS available for early stage companies – in fact – 35% of the deals in the report consitsed of seed funding or Series A rounds.
- Healthcare investments were – well – healthy. Healthcare investments made up 37% of the deals in the report.
You can read the entire blog post here, or check out a PDF of the entire report below.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Startups: Venture Capital is Back! (startupprofessionals.com)
- Do You Really Even Need VC? (cloudave.com)
- Venture Capitalist Activity Up 61% in Q2 2009. Is the Worst Over? (myventurepad.com)
- Where Entrepreneurs Can Still Find Private Capital (businessweek.com)